- Suitable for children
Saimaa Geopark’s natural and cultural site Pattoi heritage house was built in 1873. Farm was owned by family Nikulaiset for four generations from 1841 onwards. The heritage house was transferred to the municipality of Juva in 2004 and is currently a museum. Only a few basic repairs have been made to the farm, so it is still in its late 19th century form without electricity, water, or drainage systems.
There is a nature trail of about 900 meters in the nature reserve between Pattoi Heritage House and Aaronlaavu lean-to on the shore of Lake Jukajärvi. Read more about Pattoi’s nature trail in the travel section of the Juva municipality’s website (in Finnish)
Address: Pattointie 62, 51900 Juva
image: Anna Tiippana